Friday, November 11, 2005

Dover and out

With an old guy like Mr. Robertson, you have to be ready for anything. I guess the nice folks in Dover should beware of the wrath of a senile, hateful old man.
Maybe the God that Mr. Robertson prays and talks with regularly is not the same benevolent and omniscient being that most other sane people imagine when they think of God or a godlike figure.
Of course one must always consider the source of such opinions. This is the same old-timer that believes feminism encourages women to "kill their children, practice witchcraft, destroy capitalism and become lesbians."

So it goes.

3 comments:

Jar(egg)head said...

Can the man descend any further into self-parody? Were I a religious person--and specifically a Christian--this is the last guy I'd want representing me on national television.

Robertson makes Jesse Jacdson look positively sane--and that takes some doing.

mman said...

No he cannot. He has definitely become a joke to himself and his followers.
I'm just waiting for the day when he starts blaming the minorities across the nation for something, anything. Then and only then might someone in his coalition pull the plug on such an ignorant old fool.

Carnealian said...

Dover is about 45 minutes from me. It's a quiet, country town. Why is it when you get a man that combines religion and politics, they get all crazy? Falwell is my prime example. He scares me.