Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Proactive arrests

The T.A.B.C. is looking out for you. Or so they would like us to think they are.
If I'm at a hotel bar and I'm staying at said hotel, I would like to assume that I can drink leisurely and not have to worry about being slapped with handcuffs for getting buzzed.
The reports from the State indicate that they are being proactive about drunk driving. Let me think about that, the people staying at the hotel are getting a bit tipsy and heading up to their room after a day of stale, dull convention meetings.
I guess the T.A.B.C. might want to think this one through. If said person is catching a nice relaxing buzz at the hotel bar and not getting behind the wheel of a vehicle, maybe just maybe they are not likely to drink and drive. They are likely to drink and go back to their room and sleep.
What's next, proactive moving violations?

No comments: