Monday, June 05, 2006

Gay old time

Banning gay marriage. Is this really a priority concern for Americans?
It seems to me just another diversion for this administration to flex it's morality muscle.
Excuse me if I don't join in on the horror of gay people across the land wanting to get married.
I'm not sure if this really is about moral decay and the decay of family values. What is the divorce rate among man/woman marriages right now? Better than 50% I can almost bet.
How has the sacrament of marriage been stained by our (the heterosexual community's) lack of respect to such an esteemed institution.
Maybe something more radical needs to be introduced to marriage, such as a 2 or 5-year renewal of the license? This way the divorce rate will no longer tarnish what our exceedingly wise leaders consider such a holy union.

2 comments:

Becky said...

Okay, we must be of the same mind this week, for I pretty much posted the same comment on this issue on someone else's page. I've come to realize that you can't live in Seattle, if you aren't open-minded about gays. I've had more people inform me of their sexuality in the last week than I had in my entire life up until I moved here in November.

mman said...

Thanks becky, I just consider the marriage thing to be so far down on the list of priorities that it is upsetting that the President places it on the front burner.
Why in hell doesn't he put the price of Gas on the front burner, oh, maybe it's because he is an oil man.