Friday, August 05, 2005

Exit Novak

I still can't believe Robert Novak walking off the set of CNN's Inside Politics. He has always come across as a distinguished and professional man with an opinion. He offers a conservative opinion regularly and I appreciate what he brings to the table. Unfortunately it seems Mr. Carville just got his goat and he chose to make his exit after cursing at Carville and his opinion.
I still find Mr. Novak to be a fine journalist and he offers much to the needed discussions we should hear as Americans. I hope he can check his temper the next time he is required to sit next to a person with an opposing viewpoint.

4 comments:

mman said...

Thanks ruben, I agree. Even back when Novak and Carville were co-hosting the legendary Crossfire show they would upset each other but neither of them would walk out on the other. I think as the article indicated that Novak probably is dealing with much stress now and the tipping point was Carville and his comments.

Jar(egg)head said...

I'm certain that having to listen to the verbal drool which spills out of Carville's mouth on a daily basis would test the patience of a saint.

mman said...

Thanks crys, Crossfire was canceled a few weeks back. Now CNN has a more tame version of what was excellent programming.
Thanks jaregghead. I like the 'verbal drool' comment I think I've heard that in the past and it is the best way to describe these talking heads as they share their soundbites.
I do miss the original Crossfire show.

mman said...

Thanks for sharing crys, I so envy you.