Wednesday, September 14, 2005

The Buck Stops

"Katrina exposed serious problems in our response capability at all levels of government," Bush said at a White House news conference with Iraqi President Jalal Talabani. "And to the extent that the federal government didn't fully do its job right, I take responsibility. I want to know what went right and what went wrong."
Finally, the buck stops here.
When Kennedy accepted full responsibility for the failed Bay of Pigs invasion of Cuba, that was also a great moment in history. The President has now turned a corner in his administration.

1 comment:

mman said...

Thank you lass, I think many Americans will still openly criticize him for many things his administration could have done better. I'm glad he's becoming the kind of president that can shoulder the weight of the office.
Thanks crys, I still feel this is a turning point for his administration and I am hopeful that Bush will knock one or several out of the park before his term ends. What's the point of wishing we end up on the losing team?