Friday, September 16, 2005

Netflix Nexus

I'm usually not some product whore like so many, but I can be bought. A few months back I did the usual sign up at Blockbuster for the month long unlimited movie deal. Well as usual, I was just another number in the grinder for these guys. At the end of the month I cancelled.
So I decided to try something new. The guys with an idea at Netflix sure are doing something incredible. They have a huge catalog online, and I fill the queue with films I want to view and they deliver it to me. With gas prices as they are, why in hell would I choose to drive anywhere I don't have to?
The last time I had a good retail experience was likely when I was knee-high to my parents. Thanks to the progressive thinking entrepreneurs at Netflix I will consider a long term membership.

1 comment:

mman said...

Thanks lass, I forgot the evil video empire had set up an online service. Recently I viewed Million Dollar Baby and Constantine. Hillary Swank's performance was pretty damn good. The Constantine movie, other than some good special effects and Rachel Weisz being in this one I cannot recommend it.