Sunday, September 11, 2005

Howard Dean Martin

Ok, so I'm watching The Situation Room with Wolf Blitzer recently and he is interviewing Howard Dean. Anyhow, Dean is on and he is criticizing the administration for not responding quickly to the catastrophe in the Gulf states.
When all of a sudden Wolf hits Dean with (I'm paraphrasing here) "surely some of the blame on the slow response should lie on the shoulders of the local and/or state government?" Dean's response was a political sidestep as usual, something to the effect of, "well Wolf that depends on the structural plan for a response etc..."
If I were Wolf I would have kindly asked him to get the hell out of my situation room. Obviously, Mr. Schmuck, I mean Mr. Dean does not want to respond to an important question many Americans want an answer for.

4 comments:

Jar(egg)head said...

Ol' Screamin' Dean. I still find it hard to comprehend that the DNC has developed such a deathwish they actually put him in charge. What they need is someone to steer the party away from the left edge of the road, not encourage a roll-over into the ditch.

Like too many other people currently seeking or in positions of authority with the Democratic party, Dean craves power above all else--and will pay any price to attain it, right down to bartering away his ethics, his political morality, his honesty, and his very soul. Political expediency is a poor substitute for strong leadership.

I'd sooner have our building's janitor running the country than Howard Dean.

mman said...

Screaming Dean, of course. I agree that a janitor would be a smart choice, at least he would know how to clean up.
As for Dean being the leader of the DNC, it is as bad an idea as having Pat Buchanan lead the GOP, folks would have to listen to his, "Sieg Heil" at the end of every speech.
The extremists don't accomplish much, they only provoke.

Tim said...

Wolf Blitzer got some great press during the hurricane didn't he?

So black. No offense to your well written post - I saw Wolf as the poster child for cable news anchors who couldn't be more thrilled that a national disaster had given brought them the chance to get their mugs on tv. Not all cable coverage offered their anchors as much "face time" as Wolf got, but there it is.

mman said...

Thanks tim, I think I understand your opinion that Blitzer was and/or is overexposed on his long afternoon "Situation Room".
I still miss Judy Woodruff's Inside Politics and the Crossfire half hour.
What I appreciate about Blitzer's reporting style is his lack of emoting and I have yet to see him take either side on an issue.
That is probably why the producers have Cafferty and the female blog gum-chewing twins as sidekicks.
So it goes.